Serve My Documents
Frequently Asked Questions
When creating a new account do I have to enter a form of payment on file? Or can I write Hastings Legal Services a check for services rendered?
– We do require payment information to be provided when placing an order. We provide a payment option on our invoices in lieu of sending in paper checks. With the advancement of the electronic submission of documents it is most efficient to utilize the electronic processing of payments.
How do I become a retainer client with a daily pick up?
–Hastings Legal Services only provides once a day pick up or drop off service to attorney clients in metro areas of Temecula and Murrieta. If you believe you qualify for this service please contact Hastings Legal Services to confirm.
How do I communicate to Hastings Legal Services that I need a special pick up?
– If you require a special pick up, you must notify us by an email or a phone call 951-296-2669. Writing your request in special instructions within a work order request is not sufficient.
How do you handle “On-Demand” orders?
– “On-Demand” orders are handled within 4 hours of when the assignment is submitted. For Court orders that means filed within 4 hours of submission. For Service of Process orders that means the first attempt within 4 hours of submission.
How do I send an order to Hastings Legal Services?
– First time users may choose to email your documents, mail or personally deliver them to us. Returning customers who are collaborating may input and upload their orders and documents to the ServeManager portal for processing.
How do I retrieve my password if I have forgotten it?
– At the ServeManager portal login page (https://www.servemanager.com/login) there is a “Forgot Password?” function. Click on the “Forgot Password?” link and enter your user email address to retrieve your forgotten password from your email.
How do I add other users to my account?
– The My Account link, once logged in, on the homepage will allow you to add a user. This is located in the upper right-hand corner.
Can I update my payment information over the phone?
– We do not accept payment information over the phone since we do not maintain any of your credit card information. You may choose to update your information at any time when attempting to pay an invoice or statement.
How can I view my invoices in the portal?
– You can view invoices on the invoicing tab located on the left hand side of the screen in the menu.
What options do I have for methods of payment on my Janney Account?
– Credit or debit cards are the only form of payment that Hastings Legal Services accepts through ServeManager. We do allow payment via cashier check or money order for those customers who wish to mail their documents to us. Cash is acceptable for customers who wish to visit our office in person. (Please note: a concierge fee of $35 applies to all walk-in customers.
What are the different convenience charges on fees advanced associated with each form of payment?
– When any fee is advanced by Hastings Legal Services on your behalf, the fee on the advance corresponds with the form of payment your account. The associated convenience fees are as follows: Credit Card 3.5%. Open Credit 10.0%(pro se clients not eligible).
Can/Should I send a check with my document retrieval order on route?
– Hastings Legal Services does not accept personal checks. We do allow payment via cashier check or money order for those customers who wish to mail their documents to us. Cash is acceptable for customers who wish to visit our office in person.
Do I need a process server?
– Very few documents actually require a process server. Most common is the Unlawful Detainer with the Prejudgment Claim to Right of Possession.
Will hiring a process server help me win my case?
– Each court, judge and jurisdiction handles cases differently. The difference between hiring a process server and your acquaintance is as follows:
*Process Server service – burden of proof is on the servee. The serve must prove that they were either not served or not properly served.
*Acquaintance service – burden of proof is on your acquaintance to prove that they properly served the documents. (infinitely more difficult if called to the stand)
Hastings Legal Services is a proud member of the following organizations: